H A N N A H
F A R T H I N G
illustrator / designer / printmaker
>>-- E D I N B U R G H , U K -->
My work explores the world through colour, typography and illustrations brought to life with the analogue printmaking techniques of letterpress and linocut. Growing up exploring the natural spaces in Suffolk, I have always been fascinated by the sights and rhythms of our natural world. I am inspired by nature, music, nostalgia, poetry, wanderlust and stories, which form the foundation of my self-directed projects and flow in to the visual work I create for clients.
I studied BA Illustration at the Cambridge School of Art (Anglia Ruskin University) and have interned at letterpress printers Typoretum and Hatch Show Print. In September 2020, I will begin an MA in Illustration at the Edinburgh College of Art (Edinburgh University).
I am available to work on illustration, design and letterpress print commissions. Please get in touch to discuss the requirements of your project:
Watch this film for a glimpse into my studio and work process, from sketchbook to print.
- Emerging Artisans, Artspace, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK (19th - 24th December)
- Carousel Gallery, Framlingham, Suffolk, UK (23rd - 29th October)
- A Show Of Hands, Group Show, Corsham, Bath Spa University, UK (30th September - 19th October)
- Pop Up Solo Exhibition, Snape Maltings Gallery (1st September - 21st November)
- Emerging Suffolk Artisans, Group Show, Peter Pears Gallery, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, UK (16 - 25th October)
- Hannah Farthing Wall Takeover, Lady Norfolk & Lord Rust, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Solo Exhibition, Applaud Coffee, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK (April - May)
- Solo Exhibition, The Fire Station Cafe, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK (Feb - April)
- 'Printworks', Mill Tye Gallery,
Sudbury, Suffolk, UK (7 Oct - 26 Nov)
- New Designers: Part 2, Islington Business Design Centre, London, UK (5 - 8 July)
- The Bee's Knees, Cambridge School of Art Degree Show, Cambridge, UK (9 - 17 June)
- Pressing On: A Celebratory Exhibition, Hatch Show Print's Haley Gallery, Nashville, USA (27 May - 25 June)
- 'Hot From Seville', Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge School of Art, Cambridge, UK (13 Oct - 19 Nov)