H A N N A H
F A R T H I N G
illustrator / printmaker / designer
>>-- E D I N B U R G H , U K -->
My work explores our connection with nature using colour, texture, poetry and illustrations brought to life with the analogue printmaking techniques of letterpress and linocut as well as mixed media paintings and drawings. Growing up exploring the countryside and coast in Suffolk, I have always been fascinated by the sights and rhythms of our natural world and it continues to be my greatest source of inspiration.
I studied BA Illustration at the Cambridge School of Art (2017) and have interned at letterpress printing establishments including Typoretum, UK (2017) and Hatch Show Print, USA (2016). I am currently completing an MA in Illustration at the Edinburgh College of Art (2020/21).
I am available for illustration and print commissions. Please get in touch to discuss the requirements of your project:
Watch this film for a glimpse into my studio and work process, from sketchbook to print!
- Emerging Artisans, Artspace, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK (19th - 24th December)
- Carousel Gallery, Framlingham, Suffolk, UK (23rd - 29th October)
- A Show Of Hands, Group Show, Corsham, Bath Spa University, UK (30th September - 19th October)
- Pop Up Solo Exhibition, Snape Maltings Gallery (1st September - 21st November)
- Emerging Suffolk Artisans, Group Show, Peter Pears Gallery, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, UK (16 - 25th October)
- Hannah Farthing Wall Takeover, Lady Norfolk & Lord Rust, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Solo Exhibition, Applaud Coffee, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK (April - May)
- Solo Exhibition, The Fire Station Cafe, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK (Feb - April)
- 'Printworks', Mill Tye Gallery,
Sudbury, Suffolk, UK (7 Oct - 26 Nov)
- New Designers: Part 2, Islington Business Design Centre, London, UK (5 - 8 July)
- The Bee's Knees, Cambridge School of Art Degree Show, Cambridge, UK (9 - 17 June)
- Pressing On: A Celebratory Exhibition, Hatch Show Print's Haley Gallery, Nashville, USA (27 May - 25 June)
- 'Hot From Seville', Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge School of Art, Cambridge, UK (13 Oct - 19 Nov)